Thread: Happy Bastille Day!

Default Happy Bastille Day!

Well, you know the Administrator of a board is not paying attention when a fantastic holiday passes (complete with opportunity for posting a snazzy new board banner) without even a "Youpi!" Bastille Day came and went two days ago (July 14th), just ten days after our American independence Day on the 4th (another opportunity to post a snazzy banner lost, darn!) So! A very Happy (belated) Independence Day to us all, French or American, and all those from other places who feel French and/or American at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Delsol View Post
    Well, you know the Administrator of a board is not paying attention when a fantastic holiday passes (complete with opportunity for posting a snazzy new board banner) without even a "Youpi!"

Wow, in an effort to make people behave (no spam, clean language, etc.), there are drawbacks. You pointed out a major flaw in this "approval before posting" system. There is a lack of energy on the boards because of the wait time. People get bored and move on, or don't bother to check the forums because they know it could be days before they see a reply to their post.

Very true Shari; and yet, if posts are not approved before posting, the board would be polluted with hundreds of SPAM messages within a few days and quickly become unreadable. The system is set up so that after x number of posts, approval is no longer required. The intention is to weed out automated SPAMbots. Still, there must be a better way! I shall research it as time permits. Also, now that I am personally more settled (have recently relocated to France) I will do my best to check for posts daily, to improve the flow of discussion. :-)